Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

21.11.09

Happy Birthday Dan!!!!

Two years ago today, I was induced and after a very hard labor and a couple of hours of pushing, I had my third little boy. When Dan was born, he had a lot of problems breathing which put him in the NICU for four days. Scared the hell out of his mother. His chest xray was so bad, they thought he had pneumonia, but four days later the xray was fine. Thank goodness for that because there was no way I was going to be able to leave my baby in the hospital; I bow down to all who have done so.
7 lbs 10 ozs. (I have Dan looking at the picture and he says the baby has ickys all over him and needs a bath---had to include that, it was funny) I only got to hold him for a minute, and he wouldn't nurse for 18 hours after he was born, not for lack of trying on my part.

Shortly after Dan was born, Joe was deployed for a year, so Danny is my little comfort. When I first found out I was having a boy, I cried forever. I never had wanted girls but since I already had Emma, I really wanted her to have a sister, but I sure didn't want anymore than four kids (have a hard enough time with 4), so I was pretty upset--damn Merkley genes. No, I would never send Dan back. He's the sweetest child. He is so loving. He always makes his mom laugh, he never hesitates to give a hug, and he is the most playful little one we've had. He truly is a mighty blessing, and the exact child I needed at the time.
My blue eyed, (dark) blond haired boy. I prayed for a blue eyed girl, so I guess we call the glass half full because FINALLY one of them is mine!!!! He got his mom's blue eyes. Man, I love this kid.

Happy 2nd Birthday Dan Paul!!!!

No comments: