Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

5.12.10

Our Christmas Tree

 I know that I am not like most people.  When the commercial comes on that says Christmas is the happiest day for kids and thereby parents happiest day, and all I feel is depressed.  Christmas has become a time were everyone everywhere gets the serious case of the "gimmes."  Me, I'm a minimalist.  I love the tree smell.  I love the colors.  And I believe that you get what you need from "Santa" and then maybe one other gift.  That's it.  So this year, we don't really have any room for a big tree, so I opted for a small LIVE tree.  The candle fills our entire house with the smell of pine trees.  I absolutely love it.
Emma wants to "decorate" it.  I don't know.  I think it's beautiful in all its simplicity.

No comments: