Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

17.3.09

California

Joe and I went to the Redwood National Forest this past week. It was so much fun. My mom flew out from Illinois and stayed with our kids and we hit the road last Wednesday. One night in Reno and then to Crescent City, CA. We were there only two days but it was so much fun--another night in Reno, and we got home Monday night.

This was taken from a bridge over the road. We didn't actually hike this trail but one down the road. It was beautiful. That first day there was absolutely perfect weather. Second day, it was cloudy but alright in the morning but come afternoon, it started raining and didn't stop. Oh well, it was still so beautiful and so nice to be near the ocean and in the trees. I hadn't realized just how much I missed it all until I was there. I so totally didn't want to come back to Utah--to my kids, yes, but Utah no.
First beach we went to. It was quite a few stairs down and quite a few back up, but it was beautiful. There were some seals out on the rocks at this one so that was quite cool.
I swear, only decent picture of me, because I had to keep pulling my hair back. It was very windy and I kept ending up with a mouth full of hair, so I had to pull it back which just isn't the most flattering of looks for me.
These were the stairs. Only one section. It was so beautiful and green and all these flowers and trees. Took lots of pictures of both for the kids--if you know them, you understand why.
This is us hiking through the Redwoods. We made sure to take lots of tree pictures for Hyrum. It was absolutely beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth! i think you look beautiful! :) looks like a great trip! so fun :) i'm jealous about those trees...i'd love to see that :) so thanks for the fun pics :) hope you are doing well! :)

Ann and the Reidster said...

So glad you could get away together for a few days! Cool pictures... Those redwoods really are something. As far as the ocean--it's #1 on my top ten list. So, we'll be wanting to visit when you move back to CA.

Pat said...

You both look great. Thanks for letting me have the kids for a week. I'm sorry they all got sick, but we sure had fun.