Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

7.3.09

Homecoming

Yes, I know I'm a putz when it comes to getting my blog updated. Joe came home on Friday the 27th of February. His flight was suppose to come in at 6:45 a.m. in Salt Lake. Yup, I had to be up at 3:30 in the morning to get us all ready. We set it up so we would be early, since we were told they usually arrive early. Got there at 6:20, only to find that they had come in at 6:00. Didn't get to see him come off the plane, which totally sucked, but at least we found him, and he's home.
One very happy and tired family. Porter was actually scared of his dad. He wouldn't go anywhere near him. Dan was like "who the freak are you, you sound familiar, you look familiar, but not so sure." He would get pretty much lethargic whenever daddy held him, but at least he let him hold him. Porter was like "no freaking way are you touching me." Emma and Hyrum were so excited, they wouldn't leave dad alone.
Daddy with his babies. Porter wouldn't stand near him, so to get him in the picture I had to put him as far away from dad as possible.
Porter holding mommy's rose.
Dan trying not to fall asleep.
Emma was so happy daddy gave her a rose too. Hyrum and Emma so happy daddy is finally home.

We've been trying to have fun and relax too ever since he got home. Just trying to readjust. Porter is fine with Dad now. It only took a few hours for him to warm up. Just got back from a family vaca to St. George, which I'll post later today or tomorrow. Next week, Joe and I are going to California for our little vaca together--going to the Redwood National Forest. Totally excited, but not letting the kids know exactly where we are going because especially Hyrum would be very jealous. It will be fun. Joe and I never really got a honeymoon, so we'll count this as 8 years later. . . My GREAT, WONDERFUL Mom is flying out to stay the week with our children. Can't thank her enough for that one. Just hoping they don't kill her.

***If you are reading this, all the way through, you're either family or someone really special in my life, so if you are around starting this Wednesday (the 11th), check up on my mom and see if she needs any help.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I don't know how great and wonderful I might be, but I am looking forward to playing with the Grandkids for a week. I will be armed with my survival skills.