Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

25.1.10

Happy Birthday Mern Bear!!!

Happy 8th Birthday my "bittle bear"!!

Such an expressive kid. We always knew he was scary smart. When he was only 10 months old, I caught him by our back door with some fruit loops. He had placed them strategically in a line to gather up the ants that were crawling in through the door. He knew if he put the cereal there he could keep them right were he wanted them.
He taught himself to read when he was only 4 and now he can plow through books that take most adults days to read. I yell at him to go to sleep and he just whines, "But Mom!!! I can't stop reading!!!"
I didn't have a number 8 candle so he chose to threes and a two. He also chose a Boston Cream Cake as his birthday cake. It was uber yummy.

He loves chess. He loves to read. He loves school. And we all love him.

Thank you Hyrum for coming into our family!!! We sure love you.

2 comments:

Ann and the Reidster said...

Great description of Hyrum. I would have to add that the smart little guy knew all the temples when he was what---4? And that he knew the states and capitals in kindergarten and a lot of countries and their capitals. Blew me away!!

Ruth said...

He was only 3 when he had those temples memorized. He is crazy smart.