Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

16.1.10

The Many Faces of Sleep

Our lovely children are too cute. The way they sleep is even indicative of their personalities, so I thought I would share.
Hyrum, doesn't sleep, he reads. . . Seriously, I have to yell at him most nights to go to sleep just as I'm about to do so. Even then, one never knows until he refuses to get up in the morning and is falling over tired when I take him to school.
Porter, buries himself in his blankets. Actually, it's a miracle his head is out in this picture, he usually has his whole body smothered in blankets. I don't know how he breathes that way, but it sure is cute.
Emma with her blankie and her thumb. I keep trying to break her of that habit, but I've had no luck, especially at night.
Dan is too funny. Now, it's a miracle to find him in his bed and the one above was taken after I had transferred him there from the floor.
This on the other hand is usually how we find him, square behind his door after exhausting himself with banging and yelling "mom!!!!" And that's following the "Dan you need to go to sleep."

"No, I no want to"

At least they sleep on occasion and give mom a moment to breathe.

1 comment:

Burrowing In said...

I am of the school of not torturing your kids to potty train or let go of comforts unless they are truly becoming harmful in some way, because I know children will do things naturally when ready and comfortable, but if the thumb-sucking is a big concern for you One Step Ahead has a little thing that you slip over the thumb and strap around the wrist that makes it impossible for children to suck their thumbs. It doesn't hurt them, just makes it ergonomically difficult to suck the thumb.