Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

2.1.10

December Books--And Thus Ends 2009

At the beginning of 2009, I set a goal to read 30,000 pages within the year. I love to read, and this was a wonderful goal for me. With the beginning of 2010, I stand at the beginning of a new path. This year holds many goals for me that I am hoping to achieve. I am scheduled to take my GRE on the 28th of February, which I really pray I will achieve great results on my first try. With the GRE in hand, I will be applying for graduate school. Therefore, I don't know how well I will be able to read up to par with this past year, but since I exceeded my goal, and the whole purpose of a goal is to push oneself, my reading goal this year will be 40,000 pages.

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


DECEMBER:

Romanov Prophecy -- pgs. 369

The second Steve Berry book that I have read, and I liked this one even more. Some of the action is like, "yeah that would really happen," but that's what literary license is all about. Anyway, it was a fun book.

The Hobbit -- pgs. 306

Yes, I admit it, up until now I had never read "The Hobbit," and I still have not read "The Lord of the Rings." I love the movies and I think that was always my problem. I started to read "The Fellowship of the Ring" once, but I got so annoyed, I mean serious how long can a hobbit sit around and get old. So I was really pleased with "The Hobbit" because it wasn't so boring at the beginning, allowing me time to get into the book and not want to stop. I look forward to "The Hobbit, Part 1" set for 2011. Now where would they cut that one off???

The Black Cauldron -- pgs. 180

This is out of order. I had read one book and was waiting to be able to afford the following in that series so I went back to a series I had left behind. I liked this one much better than "The Book of Three." I will definitely be going back and finishing this series.

Wolfblade -- pgs. 626
Warrior -- pgs. 562
Warlord -- pgs. 617

I discovered "Wolfblade" at Savers. It was in such good condition and sounded like a fun story and cheap, so I got it, and have discovered a wonderful new author. Well, she's been writing for a while, but she is new to me. Jennifer Fallon. I now own almost all her books. I loved this series. I became so engrossed with the characters. Fallon had a way of creating characters that I became so attached too. Not only that, but she created a character that has become my most hated fictional character ever. I tell you, it took forever for me to finish the third book because I was so angry this character hadn't died an extremely painful death. I'm not a particularly bloodthirsty person, but oh my, did I want this woman to die. Anyway. . . I'm looking forward to reading the rest of her books.

Total for December: 2660 pgs.
Total for 2009: 40,901 pgs.

1 comment:

Ann and the Reidster said...

You'll be reading a lot in graduate school so you'll get those 40,000 pages easily...