Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

25.12.09

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

These pictures are out of order but oh well.

Merry Christmas everyone.

This year we chose to open gifts on Christmas Eve. I made dinner, and Joe's parents came up to join us which the kids just LOVED. Dinner was very yummy and the kids loved everything they got.
Danny got a big floor pad and some special crayons, some new jammies and socks. He was very happy with his haul. In fact, I think he colored on almost every page last night.

Emma wasn't content with getting only one thing in the picture, she had to show off everything. She got a backpack full of art supplies, a big pack of construction paper, socks, and new undies. She has declared that when she grows up she is going to be a professional artist. This girl lives to draw, paint, whatever she can.
Porter got new socks, undies, and of course BLOCKS!!! This boy builds with legos ALL day long. I wish that was an exaggeration, but it really isn't. He popped that thing open and went to town. He was alot happier than last year.
Hyrum got an ipod (actually he got mom's old one, since mom got an iphone for Christmas this year) with itunes gift card, undies, and socks. He hasn't stopped listening to the music since. In fact, I've finally become the mom that has to yell, "turn your music down!!!" My theory is if I can hear it out your headphones when I'm in the other room, it's too freaking loud!! Dork, woke me up this morning singing along to his music in his room at 6:30 this morning. Oh well, guess that means he's pretty happy with his gifts this year.
They fought all day long, but when it comes to gift time, they love one another.
Presents under the tree. We really tried to reduce Christmas this year, and for once, I actually stayed on budget. That in and of itself was a Christmas miracle.

A few days before, the kids got to open presents from Oma and Opa. Hyrum of course got a Thomas movie, that he was VERY happy about.
Porter got Tom and Jerry, his favorite cartoon ever. I think this is the movie that has been watched the most since it was received.
Emma got the third season of Scooby-Doo, which she was very thrilled about.
Dan got "Up." We had to watch this one as soon as he opened it.
All four. Yup, Porter is building away, and Hyrum is sporting his newest obsession--chess!! I sure love these kids!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! Joe's parents had a great time Christmas Eve! It was fun watching the kids open their presents...

Anonymous said...

I think Ann is some how logged in under me again, I am glad that you guys had a good Christmas

-Naomi