Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

2.5.11

Joe's Birthday

 For Joe's Birthday we all headed out to the Farmington Bird Refuge. Just wanted to be outside in relatively nice weather and go walking.
Emma was excited to go hiking and see birds. She was not excited about the amount of mosquitoes that decided we were all very yummy.
 Dan can't pass water without throwing stuff in. The challenge was convincing him to move on to another puddle.
 Porter was being very goofy. He liked throwing things in puddles too and holding Mom's hand.
 Hyrum just wanted to walk. And of course, pick up pill bugs.
 Me and my handsome husband.
 Me and my beautiful kids. Hyrum was literally sitting on my back. It was not comfortable.
 Dan did not want to stop and have his picture with Dad but the rest were willing.
 Getting the energy out. They all had a race.
Playing in the puddle before turning around because Mom had to go potty. Yup, I know you wanted that information. ;)

It was cold and windy but it was nice to be out and about. I only wish we could have stayed longer. Dan got grumpy because he was tired and I had to leave. Then headed out of the refuge to go to a park, the van decided to get a flat. Yes, we needed new tires anyway, but I was really putting it off due to straining finances. Of course, we live in Utah, which totally sucks for many reasons but it is particularly crappy when you get a flat on a Sunday. Wal*Mart I know love, because they were the only place open and we were able to get the tires replaced. By the time we got home we were thoroughly exhausted. But of course, we stayed up and listened as our President announced Osama Bin Laden was dead!! Talk about one heck of a birthday. . .

No comments: