Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

28.5.09

Morgan's Baby Shower

Yup, I'm a total bum when it comes to blogging lately. I apologize. A few weeks ago, I got to go to my sister-in-law's baby shower. I love being an Aunt, and now I have to live vicariously through my sister's-in-law because Joe and I aren't planning on having any more little ones. Anyway. . .

Seems I had a talent for catching Morgan with the best faces, and so although some may embarrass her, we can all go past that and just pay attention to the fact that this girl cleaned up, or rather the little one did. He got so many clothes that he won't ever have to wear the same outfit twice.

And he got SOCKS!! This is funny via a family story, that I won't go into, but let's just say that getting socks was EXTREMELY exciting!!
This little jacket was knitted by Jenny (Joe's sister), she made one for Dan when he was born too. It's beautiful.
And a hat to match!
Morgan opening my gift. I made them two blankets, mittens/booties, a hat, and a washcloth. I made two blankets because I made the blue one first. When I was all done, I looked at it and went "oh no!!" You see Morgan and Geoff are diehard Utah fans and I had made them a blue blanket!! Not that they really cared, afterall they are having a boy, but I needed to make them something that wasn't blue, so a green one they got. I would have made a red one, but they didn't have any nice red yarn that was soft, so green was the best I could do.
The loot.

Anyway, it was fun to be there with her. She's definitely a pretty pregnant lady. I am so excited for both of them to welcome their new addition soon and to be an aunt again. Plus, it got me out of an awards ceremony for the military. Although, according to Joe, that turned out to not be as bad as both of us had thought it would be. Oh well. I had fun and at least he wasn't miserable.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Thanks again for the sweet gifts and for the shout-out on the blog! It was fun to see you guys.