Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

28.5.09

Sculpy Frogs and Clean Rooms

Last night was Hyrum's Celebration of Learning, which simply means- an exhibition to show what he's been working on lately, or at least his "expedition". His school has "expeditions" that they focus on. His first was Trees, then Native American Holidays, Frogs, and last will be Water. The Holiday and Water ones are accelerated, which simply means, they cover those fast. The other two, months are spent on them.

Here's Hyrum's sculpy frog. His group worked on the Goliath Frog. Ask him any question about it and he would most likely know the answer!! He's so proud of his work. We are very proud of him.
With his group's diarramma.

Now, this next part doesn't have to do with school. Perhaps not to many people know considering the condition of my house, but I hate mess!! I wouldn't call myself a neat freak because I live behind enemy lines when it comes to keeping my house clean. However, it seems that something is finally rubbing off on one of the kids. I told them to go and clean their rooms; well, Hyrum's you still can't walk in, and this is what Emma did to her's. She did it all by herself.
She has a place for her animals, they must be lined up a certain way and her blankets must be folded at the end of the bed. She did this folding. I was so proud!!

1 comment:

Linds said...

I love when you can see good stuff like that rubbing off on your kids!