Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

4.7.09

The Bedroom Project

Well since the three oldest children are gone, I decided to undertake a project that I wasn't going to get to until the new year. It's so nice that it's done. Joe's a little apprehensive about them all sleeping in the same room, but I can't stand the whining of them all wanting to have a "sleep over" and sleep in each others' room anymore. This will cut that out because they will already be together. At least for the next 2 or 3 years, hopefully.
I converted Hyrum and Porter's old room in to their new playroom. Now they can go crazy and hopefully KEEP IT OUT OF MY LIVING ROOM!!!!! Sorry I really hate mess, so the new rule, you bring it down, it better go back up quickly or else mom is throwing it away!!

Here's a close up of Emma and Hyrum's new bunkbed. You can also sort of see the new color I painted the room. Had to repaint the pale blue, because Hyrum had decorated the whole room in drawings of the states and continents. Now although that was cute, it was a mess.
The closet. Hyrum has the dresser, all the rest are in the plastic drawers. I love those things. They have more room in them then most dressers!!! Also, I took the doors off the closet so that the kids wouldn't be able to play with them. They would always bang them against the wall and the wall was chipping.
Here's the bed arrangement. I really like the way it turned out. I just hope that the kids do too. Oh, and I'm hopefully going to go get Porter a new bedset so that he can be special and have a whole set for himself. We'll see.

2 comments:

Pat said...

It looks great! The kids are excited about getting home to mess it up!

Desi said...

The bedroom looks great! I think it's a wonderful thing to have a play room. A little space where kids can feel safe with their toys and you can have your living room. Works great for everyone! Super cute colors too!