Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

26.8.09

Back to School

Well today was Hyrum and Emma's first day of school for this year. Hyrum is going into 2nd grade and Emma is my Kindergartner. They attend Venture Academy, which is a charter school. The nice thing is that there is only one kindergarten, so it keeps them small, and 1st and 2nd grade are in the same class, so Hyrum has the same teacher that he had last year, which is so nice.

Anyway, they finally got the new building done, and so the kids were very excited to be at their brand new school. It's so nice!!
We arrived early and there was quite the crowd, but they didn't want to let everyone in until about 10 minutes before school started, so we took a picture.
They had a whole hoard of stuff to bring in the first day. Emma's is acutally at her feet. Hyrum was set on carrying it all himself. I finally had to force his backpack away from him because with so many people trying to get in at once, people kept knocking it off his shoulder.
My two scholars. Yup, they wear a uniform to school.
Mern; he had a hard morning. He swore he wasn't scared or anxious, but was crying all morning because he couldn't find his shoe, and said he was tired. I told him what I always tell him, "you have to go to sleep earlier." "But mom, I like to read in bed," was the response I got. I love that kid!!! He has such a hard time shutting down at night.
Porter and Dan wanted to go to. Porter wants so much to go to preschool, but I refuse to let him until he lets me get him potty trained all the way. Everytime he goes to the bathroom, he says, "okay, let's go to preschool." I sure wish he would get it!! Oh well, hopefully it will be just the push he needs. What's funny is that Dan wants to go on the big boy potty too, maybe I'll get two done!! Now that would be great!!
Emma and her pink backpack. It was so heavy this morning, so mom had to carry it to school.
Such a cutie. We cut and straightened her hair for school; she loved it.

Emma had such a WONDERFUL day at school; she just absolutely LOVED it and totally can't wait to go back tomorrow. I only wish she had all day school, because she is totally ready for it. She loved playing with the tannegrams and coloring. She's so excited for the rest of the week. I really expected her to struggle with being without mom, so Joe stayed home today so that I could actually take her into school. Well, she broke my heart just like Hyrum did, when she didn't even look back as I dropped her off. It was like, "whatever mom, see ya." I've been telling her all week that I was going to miss her so much and she always tells me, "oh mom, I'll come back." I'm so happy she is happy to be in school.
Hyrum also had a great day!!! However, I guess gym class got a little rambunctious, and a little first grader clawed him during a game of tag. He loved getting to eat at school. It was an all out great day for him.

They are both excited to head back out tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ann and the Reidster said...

Hyrum comes by the "not shutting down at night" naturally! Chip off the old block!