Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

31.8.09

August Books Read

Well, I didn't read as much as I would like, but I still didn't do so bad this month.

Ranger's Apprentice Series, by: John Flanagan. I liked this series. The author likes to mix modern and past a bit that was annoying at first, but once into the series, I just let the story go, which made it more fun.

The Ruins of Gorlan - pgs. 249
The Burning Bridge - pgs 262
The Icebound Land - pgs 266
The Battle for Skandia - pgs 294
The Sorcerer of the North - pgs 295

***I'm still waiting for the next book to come it the mail.

Bradbury Short Stories - pgs 33

**I started reading some of Bradbury's short stories because I LOVE his books, but this collection was hard for me to get very far because it is a collection of all his stories, good or not.

The 13th Reality Series, by: James Dashner

The Journal of Curious Letters - pgs 428
The Hunt for Dark Infinity - pgs 446

**These are more science based fantasy, and I really liked them. It's really such a fascinating concept really.

Buried Fire, by Jonathan Stroud - pgs. 332

**I really enjoy this particular author. The Bartimeaus Trilogy is by far one of my favorites. This particular story was very compelling.

Well, and since I am currently waiting for some shipments of books to continue with some of the series's I've been reading, I opted to fill my time with something I've already read before.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - pgs 309


Total for August: 2914 pgs.
Total for 2009: 24,492 pgs.

1 comment:

Ann and the Reidster said...

Only 2914 pages--what a slacker! You rock when it comes to reading!
Can I count books on CDs while I'm traveling back and forth from Park City?