Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

21.8.10

Porter's Surgery

I know I have been out of commission lately. My computer chose to up and die on me and I lost EVERYTHING!!! Including every picture I've ever taken of my kids. Alot of which hadn't been back up recently. (So, if you have any pictures of me or my kids, I would love you to send those along).

However, today I was blessed with my new computer's arrival and as a result, can attempt to catch up with things that have happened recently.

Our most recent adventure was that Porter had to go on up to Primary Children's Hospital and have his tonsils and adenoids removed. He was suffering from sleep apnea. Surgery was quick, and he did wonderfully!! Seriously, while we were in the hospital, he never even cried. Ate his root beer slushy quickly, kept it down and we were out of there. He was very tired the first day, and slept through most of it and then all night long.
To get him more comfortable with surgery he got to draw up his own friend, Bob. Then he got to play doctor!!
Oh my goodness!! He LOVED this!!! He was in heaven playing doctor with real doctor toys. And on a side note, he really loved those "jammies." They were super comfy apparently.
Can you tell how much he's smiling??

Seriously, he's really been doing wonderfully. Last couple of days he's had some bad moments of grumpies, but I think that is primarily because he really hates taking his pain medication. We really force it on him in the morning and at night, but even if he's hurting during the day, he will not take it. But he's really been amazing. He wants to eat everything he really shouldn't but today he upgraded to getting a corndog, which put him in hog heaven!!

No comments: