Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

30.10.10

Happy Halloween/Sanhiem

 Happy Halloween 2010!!  Or Happy Sanhiem.  Whichever you choose (Day of the Dead, Devil's Night, etc. . .)  Porter chose to be Harry Potter for his preschool Halloween Party.  He did have Harry Potter glasses but got these "silly" glasses at school and had to sport those for a couple of days.
 This year we chose to blend traditions, and honor our dead.  This may seem weird to some of you, but I've always found a pull to old traditions and this was one I felt strongly about trying to incorporate.  Thankfully we don't have too many to remember.  We tried to stick with Joe and mine grandparents, parents, or aunts/uncles.  I sure hope I didn't forget anyone.  The kids really thought this was cool!!

 All four ready for the trunk or treat.  Porter changed costumes and wanted to be Spiderman for the night. 
 Dan was a cute little red eyed tree frog again.
 Hyrum was some dude from the Clone Wars.  He could tell you exactly.
 Emma is a fairy.  She got to have a Girl Scout Halloween Party last weekend so she got a good use of her costume.
Porter as Spiderman, and I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating it was trying to get him out of that tonight. 

I didn't get any pictures at the trunk or treat, because I was the one handing out candy and it started to downpour just as it was starting, so no pictures from Joe either.  We had a nice time anyway and the kids walked away with quite a bit of candy.  We thank Camp Williams for giving our little Army Brats a great time!!

No comments: