Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

1.10.10

September 2010 Reads

So alot read this month--some for me, others for a class on Children's Literature (obviously those are rather short and therefore plentiful). I have to say that there was nothing I read that I didn't enjoy one way or another. However, for the sake of time, I'm not going into much detail. If there is every any question, just let me know. I am happy to answer any questions or field any comments that you may have.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix 870
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 652
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 759
Author: JK Rowling

A Child's Calendar 30
Author: John Updike
Illust.: Trina Schart Hyman

A Brother's War: Civil War Voices in Verse 31
Author: J. Patrick Lewis

Max's Dragon 32
Author: Kate Banks
Illust: Boris Kulikov

Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Capture 222
Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Journey 242
Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Rescue 194
Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Siege 198
Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Shattering 172
Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Burning 207
Author: Kathryn Lasky

Lon Po Po: A Red Riding Story from China 31
Author: Ed Young

The Egyptian Cinderella 30
Author: Shirley Climo
Illust.: Ruth Heller

Yen Shen: A Cinderella Story from China 29
Author: Ai-Ling Louie
Illust.: Ed Young

Little Red Riding Hood 35
Author: Jerry Pinkney

Glass Slipper, Gold Cinderella: A Worldwide 30
Cinderella
Author: Paul Fleischman
Illust.: Julie Paschkis

My School in the Rain Forest: How Children 31
Attend School Around the World
Author: Margriet Ruurs

The Civil War: 1840s-1890s 79
Author: Roger E. Hernandez

Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex 357
Author: Eoin Coifer

Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes 38
Author: Mem Fox
Illust: Helen Oxenbury

Big Wolf and Little Wolf 32
Author: Nadine Brun-Cosme
Illust.: Olivier Tallec

Princess Pig 32
Author: Eileen Spinelli
Illust.: Tim Bowers

Can You Make a Scary Face? 36
Author: Jan Thomas

The Hello, Goodbye Window 30
Author: Norton Jester
Illust.: Chris Raschka

The House in the Night 38
Author: Susan Marie Swanson
Illust.: Beth Krommes

The Man Who Walked Between the Towers 39
Author: Mordicai Gerstein


Total for September 2010: 4,476
Total for 2010: 36,085

Know all these books range in age from Kindergarten on up, and some of them were simply outstanding. Out of all the kids' books, I would have to say that my kids' favorite was "Can You Make a Scary Face?" It's an AWESOME book to read aloud (I'd say from ages 2-6). It's very interactive. All of them were great and if your interested for your own kids just give me a shout out. Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

Burrowing In said...

The Man Who Walked Between the Towers always makes me cry! Isabela asked me to read it to her class last year right around Sept. 11 and I was choking. Should have known better.