Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

1.9.08

Journal 6

Outside My Window: Sun is finally shining, at least for now.

I Am Thinking: How much I miss Joe.

I Am Thankful: That Joe will be home to visit in a couple of weeks.

From the Kitchen: Leftovers.

I Am Creating: Another baby blanket.

I Am Going: Nowhere today. Weather to unpredictable.

I Am Wearing: White shirt and capri jeans.

I Am Reading: Artemis Fowl-The Time Paradox.

I Am Hoping: For more rain. I know some people lost power but that storm was awesome and it would be nice to have just a bit more.

I Am Hearing: Kids upstairs playing and the Fresno St v Rutgers football game (real winner, no score and it's a second until halftime).

Around the House: Laundry, dishes.

One of My Favorite Things: Quiet.

Here is a Picture Thought I am Sharing with You:
Well for me, I've been taking this kind of picture since Hyrum was born. This is Joe and Danny. I don't know, for me, this picture is one of the most calming sites. Nurturing is such a "woman" thing, at least stereotypically, so when I see a father in those tender moments with his child, it just makes my heart sore. A real man is one who can take the time to snuggle with his babies. Joe is such an amazing father and our children and myself are so blessed to have him in our lives.

1 comment:

Desi said...

I love that picture of Joe and Danny! Men with the nurturing gift seem so far in between. We are both so lucky, and blessed to have them in our lives!

Thanks for the im'ing info. I'm going to sign up with the Yahoo one. The computer hasn't been in the living room, but I'm going to have Rick move it back in there tonight!