Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

26.5.10

Celebration of Learning

Tonight was Hyrum and Emma's Celebration of Learning. Both my kids go to a Charter School that follows and Expeditionary Learning curriculum instead of a K-12 program, and at the end of each "expedition" they get to show off what they have done. This one being their last of the year it was a big deal. This last expedition was on insects--they both became real entomologists, and loved every minute of it. Now if only in the studying we could get Emma to stop being so terrified of everything that moves outside!!



Hyrum's class did paired poems about various insects. They were all so cute and funny, but I only taped Hyrum's poem, otherwise, I think everyone would have never made it through no matter how much you love me kiddos. His class also performed some songs with another class, he was cute, but by then, he was getting VERY tired and hungry so he wasn't so hot on the staying focused and singing. (If you really want to see those let me know, and I'll try to put them up, but they are quite long!!)

No comments: