Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

31.5.10

Mesa Verde National Park

Sunday we drove out to Mesa Verde National Park (and man was it busy!!!!) However, it was so fun. We didn't dare take Dan and Porter on any of the guided tours so we headed out to Spruce House and checked it out. It's a good hike down and an even better one coming back up but they all did it. Dan had to be carried about half way back up and Mom practically dragged Porter the same distance, but I think for such little feet they did a great job!!
My handsome boys. Dan really didn't want to get his picture taken but I got him nonetheless.
We tried several group shots once we got down and this was the best one. It was really cool to see these homes.
Can you imagine living there? So cool. Right into the mountain. Sure would have been nice in the summer time.
They had ladders down into their homes for some of them, and Hyrum and Emma ventured down into one of them. It was sure dusty in there but they thought it was pretty cool.

At this point, Porter was on Dad's back so it's just mom and the three.
Emma and Hyrum ran off with Dad once the littlest boys were kaput to take a quick look at some more ruins.
Hyrum was our photographer again. Not the best shot but at least Joe is smiling in this one.

We were so worn out by the time we were done that we just went back to the hotel and skipped Hovenweep; maybe we'll hit it up the next time we venture out.

So happy to be back (we really had a great time!!) but I'm definitely looking forward to sleeping in my own bed. I never sleep with all of us in one big room and I think they find the most uncomfortable mattress and dole them out to every hotel.

No comments: