Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

10.5.10

Mother's Day Weekend

We decided to enjoy the relatively nice weekend by going outside while we could. It's been way too cold around here and constantly raining so the short break we got over the weekend was grabbed onto with enthusiasm.

Saturday we went out to a bird sanctuary and walked around. The kids really enjoyed all the rocks (not so many birds as we were hoping, unless you count mosquitoes). Actually, before we could get onto the trail, Emma freaked out and ran away. Joe had Dan in the backpack and had to chase after her. I really wished I'd video taped it because it was freaking hilarious. Once we got her and got going, she had a blast and then cried when we had to leave. That girl is nuts!!
For Mother's Day, they drew me pictures, which is the best kind of present. Porter has been spelling his name on the computer for a while, but whenever he did it on paper, he would put the letters everywhere. Then Sunday, he hands me this. He did it without any prompting from me and it was so neat. Mom was seriously proud!!
We also went down to Salt Lake and enjoyed the Tracy Aviary. Dan was being a bit of a bum and didn't want his picture taken, so I had to sneak one.
It was a great weekend to be out and about. And of course now, it's cold and raining!!! I really hate this weather. Oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a fun Mothers day! Miss you guys

Kari said...

was your facebook hacked?

Linds said...

Looks awesome! Happy Mother's day!