Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

1.6.10

May Reading 2010

This month was another great month for reading. Though I have to say this month went by really slowly because I swear it was like forever ago that I finished the first book.

Thirst No. 2 581

Christopher Pike. I really liked the last of this series, or at least I think it's the last. . . Not sure how he would continue it if he did, but it was a good series and I had fun reading it.

Burned 323

Last installment if The House of Night series. P.C Cast and Kristine Cast. These books are so good and an emotional roller coaster for me. I can't wait until the next one comes out. They really know how to leave you hanging.

The Last Apprentice: A Coven of Witches 196

Joseph Delany. So I thought this was the next book in the series and I was wrong. They were a collection of short tales on various witches that come into the series. It was nice to get that background on characters that are seen as evil or second compared to the main characters. It was a very fast read but fun.

Septimus Heap: Queste 596
Septimus Heap: Syren 628

Angie Sage. I really enjoyed this series. I don't know if she will continue or not; I sure hope she does, there's a lot of story left to tell.

The Hunger Games 374
Catching Fire 391

So, I've been told for months that these are the books to read. Suzanne Collins. They definitely are GREAT books, but if you want to read them, wait until the end of August for the third book (it's a trilogy, and it will only annoy you not to have the conclusion). These books are a great emotional roller coaster ride, and that's why I can't wait for number three--the second book leaves you hanging at the edge and you don't know if you want to scream or cry!!! Can't wait for the conclusion.

Gregor the Overlander 309
Gregor and the Prophecy of the Bane 309
Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods 358
Gregor and the Marks of Secret 343
Gregor and the Code of Claw 412

Well, I enjoyed the Hunger Games books so much, I decided to check out some more of Suzanne Collins. These books are for a little younger audience then the Hunger Games, but they are also compelling. I was sad how they ended but they are definitely great books. This author really has a talent for bonding you to the main character.

His Dark Materials 933

Philip Pullman. Okay, so this trilogy has been sitting on my shelf for like forever and it just kept getting overlooked. I was told--C.S. Lewis Narnia = Christianity. Pullman Dark Materials = Atheist. All I have to say is, if that's how you break it down, then you didn't pay attention at all to what you read. Pullman may offend some Christians but I would hope it would be the bad ones it offends. These books condemn all the cruelty, judgments, and evil done in the name of God, which are definitely vast. I really enjoyed them.

The Ranger's Apprentice: The Kings of Clonmel 358

John Flanagan. I really love The Ranger's Apprentice series, and the newest one definitely didn't disappoint. It will be fun to see where it continues later this year.


Total for May: 6,111
Total for 2010: 24,323

**As always, any questions, let me know!!

2 comments:

Holly and little people said...

my main problem with "His Dark Materials" was the ending of the set.
I enjoyed the read, but I was disappointed that they didn't get to stay together after everything they had gone through, I'm just a hopeful optimist I guess

Kari said...

I joined the group on FB called "I read His Dark Materials and now I don't believe in God." haha I just like how the anti-HDM people didn't even read the books.