Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

22.6.10

Vernal

Sunday we decided to go on out to Vernal so that we could go to the Dinosaur Museum and also so that Joe could visit with his Grandma before he heads down to Texas for the next several of months.
Dan was beyond excited to go to see the "Dinosaur Zoo!!" That's what he called it!! And when we went out into the garden, he wanted to ride on the stegosaurus. He was so cute. He didn't want to sit still for a second so to get him for pictures, I told him to stay standing on the turtle, which is exactly what he did.
Emma and Dan hamming it up, and Porter in the background, categorically refusing to be photographed.
This was the on the fly. He looked up at me and I took his picture because he didn't want his taken.
Emma is such a ham.
Hyrum poses with the big dinosaur.
Emma roaring like a dinosaur through the caves.
Dan running in circles.
Hyrum trying to sneak out.
Porter digging for the bones.
They wanted their picture with the "big elephant." That would be the mammoth behind them. And I tell you, this is the BEST picture I've ever taken of all four together!!!
Joe is officially fired after this shot. I look stoned and Porter's head is cut off.
They wanted a picture with the T-Rex. I'm shouting "look at me," in a high squeaky voice for their entertainment and to get them to look at the camera, and Dan is shouting "STOP!!" at me. Silly kids.
Then we went out to Flaming Gorge. Joe got his job back, because this picture didn't turn out so bad. But I tell you, it took every ounce of courage for me to pose for this picture, especially as the kids pushed me back into the fencing and I felt it push back. I am absolutely petrified of heights, especially heights over water, so I was beyond terrified sitting there.
Porter refused to be in the picture with Dad, but at least everyone else was willing.

Happy little trip!! Joe leaves in about two weeks and will be gone for about two and a half months. During that time, I get to bring the kids to Illinois to spend a couple of weeks at Oma and Opa's, then go out myself to get them back, visit my new nephew (who will hopefully be born on time), visit Mizzou and meet with my adviser, kids go back to school, I start my Graduate program (including three trips out to Omaha, before he gets back), and we go visit our niece (who will also be born before he gets back). All in all, a VERY busy next couple of months and that's just the beginning of a two year roller coaster ride!!

No comments: