Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

29.6.10

Proof She's My Daughter After All

Emma is the little girl I never knew I wanted until she came. She's definitely a handful. She talks incessantly!!!! I'm the kind of person who loves silence. She's a whiner and that is the one thing a person can do that is sure to drive me straight up a wall and hope that it's high enough for me to jump and go splat!!! But through it all, I love my little girl. However, she is indeed a GIRL!! I don't ever remember really being all that girly. Sure, I played with barbies, but that was about the extent of it. I almost don't know what on earth to do with Emma. I try to be supportive and all that, but I just never really wanted to run around in dresses all day long--I still hate them!! But this year with Kindergarten under her belt, Emma has become a great little reader. I bought her some chapter books to really challenge herself this summer and she's plowed through one and almost done with the second (and I only bought them a couple of weeks ago!!) I'm immensely proud of her!! Of course, they are the Tinkerbell Fairy Series of books, and she just loves them. She spends most of the night reading now and this is an almost daily sight.
She usually falls asleep right in the middle of reading. Yup, my daughter indeed!!!

No comments: