Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

8.6.10

Pineview

Sunday we were going to go up to Bear Lake and enjoy the day, but as we are heading up Logan Canyon, Emma starts screaming, "MOM! MOM! . . .I'M GONNA PUKE!!!" We race over to the side of the road and she does indeed puke all over the side of the road. So, home we went. Which was good because she spent the rest of that day screaming and vomiting. Also, I was starting to not feel so great.
So with Bear Lake in the backseat, we opted to go to Pineview on Monday. It was very cold water but it was a great day to just have fun. I was feeling pretty miserable then, but I didn't want to take the fun day away from the kids and laying in the sun does wonders for major body aches (of course, that night I had to run over to InstaCare and found out I have Strep Throat again--that's twice in the past couple of months!!!)
Emma had fun splashing in the water and digging in the sand.
Hyrum would jump in the water and get really wet and then come out and roll around until he was coated in mud. He also found this big stick (I think it was a shovel handle) and played with that. Joe said he looked like a little bushman.
Porter refused to go in the water and just dug in the sand, not that I blamed him--I tried a couple of times but just couldn't bare how cold it was.
Dan got dunked by his dad, but he was just not into that. He spent most of the time digging in the dirt.

Besides being really sick and scoring a good burn on my back, it was an absolutely perfect day!!! I can't wait for it to warm up a bit more so we can make this a regular summer pastime for us.

2 comments:

Burrowing In said...

Just before I read that Joe was calling Hyrum a bushman I thought how much he looked like Xixo in The Gods Must Be Crazy! Haha! That movie is so great! Anyway, looks like fun!

Pat said...

Wishing I'd been there to join in on the fun...everyone looks very happy!