Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

27.7.10

A Week's Work

Okay so it's been over a week and I'm still not a hundred percent done, but I needed proof that I wasn't slacking. I know some of you have no idea what my house looked like before so maybe you won't, but those who do may appreciate these. I tried really hard to take pictures around the mess that still is here, so you could enjoy the new colors.
Dining room. I was going to get rid of my table but decided against it. Hopefully it lasts just a bit longer.
Living room. New chairs. And I think I'm going to need another bookshelf here soon.
View into the living room from the dining room.
My kitchen. No more red!!! Okay, so the color was pretty I will give you that, but NO ONE should EVER paint anything dark red!!! Not unless this is going to be your home for the rest of your lives. It's just cruel!!
Hyrum and Porter's room. They'll have a tent in there too when they get back from Oma and Opa's, at least until we can afford to buy a new bed. The blackboards aren't completely done yet either, but another coat should do it.
Another view of Porter and Hyrum's room.
Emma and Dan's room.
Another shot. The yellow didn't want to take very well in the kids' rooms so I did have to give up. I guess it didn't turn out too badly.
Upstairs bathroom.
Downstairs bathroom. I love this room now!! It always felt so tiny before. (It was kind of a dark green color)


Anyway, now it's all cleaning and organizing and doing everything I've ignored all week long like laundry-- so that I can pack and get out to Illinois for a few days. Let's hope that I can take at least a day off too before I go.

3 comments:

Kari said...

I like that blue. Do you like how I'm commenting a billion times at once? I don't ever remember to look at private blogs.

Linds said...

Looks great! I love the blue color in the bathrooms!!! I'm in the process of painting a little bit too...I'm really scared but I keep telling myself that I can easily change it if I don't like it...we'll see if I get the guts to finally do it!

Ann and the Reidster said...

Everything looks wonderful! Great job!