Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

28.10.08

Boo at the Zoo

This past weekend we went to the Boo at the Zoo, despite the fact that the day and night before I was so sick I could barely walk. It was horrible as I lay in bed desperately begging God to make me better so that the kids could go to the zoo. We've been going for 4 or 5 years now and it's become a great tradition and this year more than ever, I wanted to keep it going. Thanks to wonderful in-laws who came along, despite the horrific crowds, and helped me out too. The kids had so much fun and it was all worth it. And I have to say that in spite of those dreadful crowds, it was a lot of fun, definitely one of the warmest times we've done the Boo at the Zoo.
All the kids in their costumes. Pardon the shadows, it couldn't be helped.
Emma was a fairy.
Porter Potter. He was Harry Potter or as he would say "Haee Pottee".
Hyrum was Spiderman.
Dan was Little Roo.

The next four is just them in their costumes before we left for the zoo. They were all so cute. Porter loved being Harry Potter. He was so excited to have a wand and get to wear glasses. The glasses were a bit big on him so every now and then they would slip off and he would go into hysterics, "My glasses, my glasses!!!!" screaming and crying until I got them back on properly. It was so cute. Dan wasn't always so keen on the hat part but he seemed to think things were pretty nifty. Hyrum was having fun, and Emma was beautiful in her big fairy wings. She loved them.
Now, on a bit of a side note if you've made it this far down my post. Danny does this whenever he eats, whether he is eating big boy food or nursing. He grabs what little hair he has by his ears and pulls and pulls and pulls. In the end it is usually sticking out, especially if whatever food he has been eating is being used as styling gel. Anyway. . . This is the result.
This being Halloween and all, it just reminded me of Grandpa Munster. . .

No comments: