Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

8.1.09

Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam

Porter's first day of Sunbeams was this past Sunday. This picture was taken that evening. He was still distraught. If you look close enough, you can see his little tears. I had to take him in and at first he refused. I had to drag him in and then he refused to sit, so one of the teachers had to take him as he screamed bloody murder. He lapsed into his Porter silence. Then they went to class and saw me in the hallway with Dan. He ran to me yelling "Mommy!" and started crying again. I told him I had to take him to class. He wouldn't go himself, so I had to take him. He was sulking, but went. He ignored me on the way back to closing exercises. Then, when he came to me after Primary, he cried all the way down the hall, all the way home, all the rest of that day. It absolutely broke my heart. If anyone knows Porter, one can really understand the heartbreak in watching him deal with this. Porter has always been the suffer in silence and then it all leaks out type. So to have something emotionally overwhelm him so immediately, it had to have been terrible and horrifying for him. Primary is a wonderful thing, but he hated it. I'm terrified to go to church on Sunday. Everyone tells me he'll get use to it, but it doesn't make it any better for me. Porter is so sensitive, and it aches me to the very core that there really is nothing I can do to help him with this. Man I love this kid.

1 comment:

Karen and Scott said...

Josh was exactly the same way!! Cried and refused o go in. Eventually he did, but I had to sit with him the whole time! I'm so glad it's not just my child for once! It was good seeing you too!