Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

29.6.08

Hollywood Connections

Well this past Wednesday they were having a Military Appreciation Day at Hollywood Connections, a family fun place in West Valley. So we totted our bums down there. It was a blast for the kids, but I can honestly say that it was one of the worst days. It was overcrowded, hot, and the kids were ornery. We tried miniture golf which was a disaster with Porter, because he wanted to participate but only got in the way, and again it was too crowded. We tried roller skating which was a complete and utter disaster. Hyrum and Emma were dreadful at it. Emma fell a few times and gave up, screaming and crying. Hyrum, although a slight good thing, refused to give up. He brought me and the baby down (the baby was in the stroller), and while I was down, Hyrum tried to get up and did the splits, sending his skate right into me and now I'm sporting one heck of a bruise on my thigh. The rides were fun, but patience was not on the menu for the kids that day and so it was quite the trial of mine. However, we did manage a few good pictures.
Here's Emma riding the caurosel. This was actually fun. She wasn't so sure about being strapped to the horse.
This is Hyrum trying to fake smile through tears after Mom told him we had to get out of there after being there for like five hours.
Porter with Uncle Travis waiting to ride the caursel. Now, it does look like he's looking forward to it right?
Well this is what he thought of being put on the horse.Of course, once it started moving, he was just fine. Little dork.
Here's Danny with Auntie waiting to ride. I don't have a picture of him actually on, nor of Hyrum because they were on the other side and I was riding with the camera with Emma and Porter.
However, here's Hyrum waiting to ride. It's the lesser of two evils, this one looks like he's touching himself and the other he was picking his nose. He's not actually touching himself, it just looks that way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to go, but totally forgot about it. Hmm. . .sounds like I was better off here in my air-conditioned house. Sounds like you are taking all sorts of adventures, you are brave!!

Pat said...

Everyone looked like they had fun--I miss you guys. I am soooooo jealous I couldn't be there to have fun to.