Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

9.6.08

Little Reid's Birthday Party

I have to say, the day I became an Aunt was weirder than the day I became a mother. There is something about being an Aunt that is just so different and so wonderful. Well, my first nephew had his very first birthday party this past Saturday, although tomorrow is his actual birthday. I feel like it was only yesterday that I was visiting Melinda in the hospital when she had him. He's such a cutie and it was so much fun to be around family. When one's husband is gone, there is something that is so comforting about being around family. Anyway. Happy Birthday Little Reid. Here's some fun pictures from the day.
Little Reid in all his glory. His mom had made him his very own cake and he demolished it. Didn't eat as much as he did dig into it.
Aunt Jenny sporting a party hat.
Mern playing inside before the party.
Aunt Naomi tries for a group shot. Hyrum was outside playing so we tried with Emma, Porter, Dan and Reid. Both Dan and Porter were trying to escape.
Birthday boy playing before his party.
Dan liked eating all Reid's toys. He didn't like being outside much so Mommy ended up inside with Dan. Oh well. It was fun anyways.
Emma and her straight hair. She had me straighten it for the party, and yes, she sat there while I did it. She had me do it again today. She likes how long her hair is when it's all straight. She's such a girl.
Birthday lunch and a party hat. Man this kids looks just like his pops except with is Mom's hair color and skin tone.
Porter sporting the unicorn look with his party hat, and toting a ball he found out back. He wanted to take the ball home.
Uncle Geoff and Aunt Morgan came too and Grandpa Reid was there. We haven't seen any of them for a while so that was nice. When the kids so Geoff, Hyrum and Emma ran up and gave him one major hug. Danny is enthralled with Aunt Morgan. My kids sure like it when they are around so it was a pleasant treat to have them there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you and the kids, we miss you. Can you e-mail me some of the pictures from the birthday party?