Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

29.6.08

Pineview Part 2

Alrighty so after swearing I wouldn't go back to Pineview because it was so hard on me the last time, I went again this Friday. However, this time, Hyrum and Emma were spending a few days with Grandma and Grandpa, so I only had Porter and Danny and Auntie Kerrin had the day off and really wanted to go swimming. We tried the public pool only to find out that it was closed to general public and they were reserved by a party. So up to Pineview we went, and I have to say, it was totally worth it. The water was so much warmer this time and with only two kids and two adults, I actually got to go swimming a bit and really enjoy myself. Also, because it wasn't near as cold, Danny even enjoyed the water a bit and then played in the sand like crazy. Porter always has fun. It's his "beach." He loved getting to go to the beach.
I love this shot with Porter's bum all covered with sand. It was just too funny not to post.
He really was in heaven, not only had he had the whole day with his mom, he was now playing in the "watie," which is Porter's favorite thing to do.
So innocent.
Digging with his beach toy.
Me after actually getting to swim. I've really tried to shed some self doubt this year about being in pictures and so I take more, primarily for Joe while he's gone. But I've gotta say, this was so relaxing to just be able to swim. I played peak-a-boo in the water with Porter. He was on shore and then I would go under. He loved it. He kept telling me to do it again.
Here's the two boys playing in the sand. These two are always so cute together.
Auntie ventures into the water with Danny. He even went under a couple of times. Wasn't liking that too much, but at least he wasn't screaming bloody murder like last time. Although he definitely prefered to be on shore.
Porter splashing in the shallows. I took him out and helped him swim a bit and spun him in circles in the water, which he loved too.
Mommy trying to warm up the little one.
The was just cute. He was a bit cold after being in the water, so we took a mommy-baby break.
And then he was off to discover the world of sand.

It really was a lot of fun. Hyrum and Emma had a blast at Grandma and Grandpa's and mommy definitely enjoyed the break. After a week of severe orneriness, especially on Hyrum's part, I was ready to go completely insane. Grandma and Grandpa took them at just the right time and then today they were really great, especially Hyrum. Sure hope things continue on the good path.

2 comments:

NessaAnn said...

What a lovely family you have, Ruth! Amazing! They are all so big, I confess I am jealous because you are so far ahead. What fun to have kids old enough you can actually converse with them!

Missy! said...

Looks like a fun day! I'm glad it went better this time.