Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

5.7.08

The 4th of July

Last night we all headed up to Aunt Janet and Uncle Chad's to watch the fireworks. They shoot off at Weber High and since they live across the street, I figured it was the best and easiest place to go. And thankfully, Janet didn't mind us coming. It wasn't a bad fourth. I missed Joe pretty bad, I love the 4th of July because it's such a family holiday, and so it was a hard day for me. But, we went over to Amy Mair's house and the kids all played in the pool and then her and the boys came to dinner. We George Forman Grilled our dinner. I don't have a BBQ so that was the best we could muster. For those of you who don't know, Amy lives behind me--she use to live in Macomb so we knew one another from there--but her husband is also deployed, happens to be in the same unit as Joe. It was quite cool to run into one another again and so we try to do some things together, plus, her kids and mine get along pretty good so it's nice to let them play.
Aunt Kerrin and Hyrum and Emma. That's Aunt Janet sitting in the background. No pictures of me this time because I left the little camera at home and Kerrin really couldn't figure out how to get a focused shot with the fancy camera.
Here's Amy with her boys: Isaiah and Elijah and of course, Nehemiah is in her tummy (he's due to come out via c-section on Labor Day).
Kept trying to get a good shot of Danny but the flash was so blinding that this was as good as we got.
Aunt Janet, Heather and Amber watched the fireworks from the roof of their house. Now that's how to watch fireworks. This is Joe's Aunt and cousins (Uncle Chad and the boys had gone on a campout in Vernal for the weekend).
This is the best shot I could get of the actual fireworks. I was just too far away for anything better.
Isaiah and Hyrum share in some sort of secret. Isaiah is actually about a year and half younger than Hyrum but they get along great. Emma loves Isaiah.
Emma actually stayed awake this time around.
Heather and Amber playing with Danny.
Elijah strapped down so he wouldn't run off on Amy, who really can't chase after him anymore.
Emma might have stayed awake, but this is what Porter did for the entire fireworks show. He fell asleep on the way up there and never rejoined the world of the living. It was fun, but I really wished Joe could have been there. Well, next year we'll really make it a blast!!! Thank you sweetheart for serving our country though. It definitely gives the 4th of July a whole new dimension.

3 comments:

Erin Stones said...

Thanks for re-inviting me. Sounds like you had a fun 4th. We had a good one too! Do you know of anyone else in the ward with blogs? It is so fun to see what people do in their lives outside of church. Have a good one! See ya next Sunday!

Missy! said...

Sounds like a pretty good 4th. Ours wasn't too adventurous, but I did see some fireworks from my porch while Maiby snoozed away.

Ann and the Reidster said...

I've been gonna call you to see if you made it over there to see the fireworks. Glad you did! I missed fireworks this year. We were taking Grandma Merkley out to Vernal.