Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

5.7.08

Zoo Day

On Thursday I hopped in the car with the kids to the zoo. It was Military Appreciation Week at the Hoogle Zoo and so there we went. We have a membership but I was hoping to bump into some people I knew who were going because all military and their families were free. I got there pretty early in hopes of avoiding the horrible heat, however, it was already pretty hot but that's life. Besides the kids didn't want to see the animals, they wanted to play at the park. I was a bit annoyed because what's the point of driving all the way to Salt Lake just to play at a playground, but whatever. I was able to run into some people though. We saw Amy and her kids, the Shermans (which was great, was really happy to be able to see them), and then we ran into Brian and the kids-so I was able to see their new little one and she is a cutie.

Well, the zoo part may have been a bust, but I'm still on the ball with pictures.
Here's Danny just smiling away while his brothers and sister played at the park. Such a little cutie. I still can't believe he's seven months old. He's really crawling now-hands and feet a moving and so now he's getting dangerous around the house. He's one place, you turn around and he's disappeared. Thankfully, he hasn't tried the stairs yet, but I have a gate all ready for if he even looks like he's going to try. He also LOVES big boy food, no baby food, no bottles, but he will chow down on some beans or bread or potatoes. The biggest problem is that he's still too little to really go to town on the big boy food so he can get a bit frustrated with his mom. He is in such a hurry to grow up. Cutest thing--he sees his dad's picture and actually says "dada." His mom thinks it's cute.
Porter playing in the egg. Emma is actually inside of there.
Hyrum and Porter on the spider. Porter just sat there forever. He loved the spider.
Mern shows his daringness and catwalks the alligator.
Emma playing in the eggs.
Hyrum and Emma take a break at the elephant. Since we were there so early, they were actually able to get on the elephant for a picture. Usually it is so crowded, it's not worth it, so they were pretty happy.
Dan and Porter just chilled while Emma and Hyrum ran off to the elephant.
This was so cute. Porter just crawled in there. Porter's big news--we are giving up the paci. Yup, all day he's without. I'm still letting him have it at night for now but before too long, he will be giving that up as well. He had started chewing on them and breaking them, so Mom figured it was really time to say adious to the binkie.
Mern playing on the jungle gym. Hyrum is his momma's big helper. We've had a little ant situation in the kitchen. There's a gap they were coming through. I took care of them right quick, but before I could, Hyrum figured he would be a big boy and help me out. He comes up to me all proud and says, "Mom, I sprayed the ants with Febreeze so they would smell good and then they would eat each other." I laughed so hard. Oh, the mind of a child. You've gotta love it.
Emma loves this group seesaw thing. Before we left, her and Mern sat on one side and mom on the other and I bounced them good. They didn't want to stop. Silly kids. I was a bit irritated that we didn't get to walk the zoo and see the animals, but all in all, it wasn't a bad day. Man, I love my kids.

No comments: