Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

17.7.08

Bear Lake

Warning--There are a lot of pictures here.  For those new to my blog, I don't like slideshows for myself.  One, I copy my blog so that I can publish it--it is afterall my journal, and two, I like to really look at people's pictures and so I do the same for everyone else.  It can make the post a bit long, but for me, it's worth it.

Tuesday we hit Bear Lake.  First and only time this year (we hope to go camping with Daddy there next summer).  Auntie Kerrin and the soon to be Uncle Travis came along for some great fun.  It was the perfect day up there.  Only annoying thing--I got stuck going and coming in the sand down to the beach.  Travis had to push me out both times.  He sure got his workout that day, but I am really thankful I wasn't all alone.  It was gorgeous weather and the water was really not that cold.  Plus, were I sat us, we had like two wading pools and then it went into the actual lake.  Those pools were warmer than the lake so that's were the kids mainly played.  The first one was filled with algae which made it extra warm so it was the only place that Danny was willing to be (he doesn't much go for water, especially cold water, and so it was not only warm, it was shallow enough that it didn't touch his back, so he loved it).  He was pretty dirty from playing there but it was totally worth it.
Hyrum just wanted to go swimming with the big people, and so here he is taking off after Travis as he was heading out for a real swim.  I love the full on action there.
Porter got pretty cold and so he had to come and take a break and warm up with mom.  I wanted both of us in the shot but that was too hard for me to do myself.
Danny and Mom chillaxin in the warm water.  Danny just wanted to grab at me and not look at the camera.
Porter and Emma playing with Auntie in the shallows.

Danny getting ready to go crawling through the water.  He had so much fun.
Emma splashing about with Danny.
Mern digging a castle.  He wanted to build one just like his dad did last year.
Danny also got cold after his first bout in the lake.  He was mad at me for taking him out there and needed some warming up with mommy for a bit, before he went back out.
Hyrum chasing the floaty.  He wanted to ride in them, but alas he has gotten too big. 
Emma and Porter going out with Auntie and Travis.  It's also a really cool bird shot.

Porter starting to freeze.  This was when he had to be brought back to shore for a bit, although all he wanted to do is get back in the water.

These are some fun videos from the excursion.  First, Danny started splashing in the water, it's the first time he's done that (he doesn't in the bath so it was a cute first).  There was another video of him crawling about in the water, but for the life of me, I can't get it to upload.  Maybe I will try again later.

2 comments:

Linds said...

Looks so fun!

Missy! said...

What a fun time!