Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

7.2.09

The Birthday Party

Well today we had Emma and Hyrum's birthday party. Since Joe is gone still and their birthdays are so close, I opted to combine them this year so that I would only have to go crazy once. I have to admit that before the party I was ready to pull all my hair out. The kids wouldn't stop arguing this morning. However, the party itself, considering we had 15 kids in the house, was GREAT!! The kids were all very well behaved, they weren't too loud (which was my biggest fear), and I think everyone had fun.

We put Wall-E in so that everyone would have something to do as kids came trickling in. However, all the kids enjoyed watching so much, it just played through the entire party. We started off with pizza.

Little Reid loving that pizza, though honestly, I don't know how much of it he actually ate.
Got to love Wall-E.
Some men are secure in sitting on the girl blanket. LOL.
And some like to pilfer the big people chairs. ;)
Everyone. So cute. Waiting for me to finish getting the cake ready. They really wanted that cake!!
Cousin Reid.
The Cake!! I was going to do two small cakes, but the lady at WalMart said that if they did that it wouldn't fit, but she could make one and split it down the center. It turned out GREAT but I still have to ask, wouldn't it have been the same as two small cakes? Just me, but I really don't understand that one.
Bringing in the cake. I had 5 candles on Emma's side and 7 on Hyrum's, that way they each got to blow out their own.
They got a lot of presents, all of which they LOVED. Thank you too everyone for them. This year from me and Joe they both got Razor scooters. Hyrum got blue and Emma is dolled out in pink. They've been "practising" all through the house today. It's cute.
They came folded up and for the life of me I couldn't figure the stupid switch out. I had to be helped my son's friend; he's 6. What a sad commentary on the gap in generations.

Happy Birthday to both my little ones. Emma will be 5 this Wednesday. I love them both and am so happy that the party turned out so well.

No comments: