Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

5.2.09

Tragedy at the Gym

WARNING- These pictures are a bit gross so if you have a sensitive stomach, no looky.

Anyway the other night at the gym, the kids were playing. Porter was playing on his own and Hyrum and another boy were getting rambunctious. In all the running around, Hyrum tripped over the slide and smashed into Porter. He knocked him down and Porter ended up with Hyrum's foot (in his shoes) smashed into the left side of his face. As a result, Porter bit down hard on the right side of his mouth, inside and out and on the lip. All I saw was blood, everywhere. I thought he might have lost a tooth because I couldn't see the bit marks through all the blood. After about five minutes I was able to get the blood to stop, but one of the bite marks on the inside is very deep, it looks like he almost bit completely through. Really gross and extremely painful for him. I gave him Tylenol that night and then the next morning he woke up and his whole cheek was swollen. I took him to the doctor and they now have him on antibiotics just to be safe. I also have been putting ambesol on it for the pain. He's having a hard time eating because everything causes his teeth to brush up against the sores which hurt pretty bad. He's also drooling pretty bad because his mouth is in a constant state of slightly open. He's been a pretty good camper about it all but if you go near his mouth, he definitely retreats. Anyway, at least I have the comfort that mouth wounds heal pretty quickly. So here's hoping that it doesn't get worse, that it heals quickly, and no more trips to the doctor. . .

**Note: There is another new post below!! Much happier.

3 comments:

Desi said...

Poor guy! It looks so painful! I'm so sorry he hurt!

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy. I hope its better by Saturday. How will he eat all the cake? ;)

Erin Stones said...

That's no fun at all! I hope that it heals up quickly for him!