Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

16.2.09

Funny Kids and a Valentine's Day Surprise

Our daily going to pick up Hyrum is so wonderfully exciting. Okay, not really, as you can tell from Danny's face, it's just the highlight of his day.
No, actually, this picture is just to show his new habit. Ever since I weened him, he's taken to the binky. Couldn't get him to take a pacifier to save my life before, but now that I don't nurse him, he has it in most of the time. Oh, well, whatever works, and it sure does make bedtime easier.

Anyway, the other day when we were going to pick up Hyrum, Emma decided that her bear needed it's own carseat and needed to be buckled up. Well, since Emma did it, then Porter wanted his elephant buckled up too. He was a little upset he couldn't have his own carseat, but having him buckled right next to him seemed to make things a bit better.

So, a couple of days before Valentine's day, Joe didn't even remember that it was going to be Valentine's Day, so I didn't figure on getting anything. Then I get these delivered to my door. I wanted to cry. I've never really cared about flowers alot, they die so quickly, but when you are apart for as long as we have been, it's hard to feel those expressions of love. I don't get a hug and a kiss everyday or him holding my hand. Thankfully, we can talk on the phone so at least I get to hear I love you everyday. But just so you can even begin to understand, this is such an amazing gift for me, because it's a showing of "I love you", and it's even better when you don't expect it. Anyway, turned out to be a great day after all. And even better, Joe will be stateside very soon; although, I think I will be going completely crazy until then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! They are beautiful.

Only a few more days! :D

Linds said...

That's so sweet!