Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

28.1.08

In Remembrance. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXsXmhcrA_Y

Okay, I can't quite figure out how to put the actual video on my page, but follow this link for the Testimony of the Prophet, if it doesn't show up. It's an amazing video for me. I love to hear this great man bear his testimony. His testimony stirs something in me that noise around my house and the stress of raising kids mutes most of the time. My mind is ever reflecting on this great man; he truly was a prophet of God. How could anyone doubt? I think of him as a great example, not just as an individual, but I reflect at this time on his great relationship with his sweet wife Marjorie. I think of how he must have rejoiced as he crossed the veil at seeing her again and being able to embrace her once more. Oh, how I hope and pray to have a marriage that wonderful.



Pres. Hinckley's death has made me reflect on my own sweet companion. I truly am so blessed. He is such an amazing man, a wonderful father, and a blessed companion. I am so grateful to know that we were married for not only this life but for all eternity. People have been looking at me like I am some sort of hero lately, what with Joe's deployment and all and I feel so ashamed. I am no hero. I struggle with it every day. I loose my patience with my children way too often. I miss Joe desperately, but I can honestly say that it is my testimony of the eternal nature of our marriage that gets me through missing him. I know that a year of time on this earth is but a moment of time really.

I thank Pres. Hinckley for the gift of temples in abundance on this earth. If it weren't for the temple, Joe and I wouldn't have become such good friends. Not to mention that it is just amazing to look through the pictures of temples and think of them truly dotting the earth.

Lately we have improved greatly on remembering to read the scriptures and saying prayers as a family at night, but after learning of Pres. Hinckley's passing last night, I really felt the stirring to get moving on other goals. It is so hard as a mom to find a moment of peace to read the scriptures and focus on my own spiritual development. It's even harder as a couple. Joe and I never seem to get to go to the temple anymore and now he won't be here for over a year. I miss getting to go all the time. I am declaring my goal and hopefully in declaring it I will be able to keep it, to go to the temple at least every other month while he is gone and then when he gets back to make sure to go every month at least. Now all I have to do is go and get the Stake President to sign my new reccommend (you know the scanning ones, I just wish that he met with people at a reasonable hour instead of at my kids' bedtime, oh well.).

I do want to take the time to bear my testimony. . .
I do know that this gospel is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. The prophet Joseph Smith truly did see the Lord Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father in a vision and through him they restored the true and everlasting and complete gospel to this earth again. He truly was a prophet of God. I know that Gordon B Hinckley was a prophet of God as well and that we have an amazing set of standards that lays out the path for the ordination of the new prophet, and he truly will be a prophet called of God. I know that through the restoration of this great gospel, we have been greatly blessed as a people. We have a glorious opportunity to be together forever as families. I am so thankful for my own family and the gospel that stands as our center. I am so thankful for my amazing husband. I am so thankful for my four beautiful children.




1 comment:

Jenny and Jon said...

These pictures are so cute! Emma's out numbered.