Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

26.1.08

Thanks Mom



My Mom just spent the week here helping me out. This week was crazy with having to bring Joe down to Camp Williams and Dan's 2 month appointment, etc. so she came out to help. It was great. Hyrum got to have his Oma here for his birthday which is indeed a rare event. She helped me rearrange my whole house and patch up some things and even get the garage moved around enough that I could barely fit the car in there. At least I got it in. Still have ALOT of organization in there to do but that will have to wait until the Spring when I can stand to be out there. I was so scared with this storm that was suppose to hit this Sunday and Monday. I didn't want to have to dig my car out again like I had to the last storm so I was thrilled the car fit. I can even walk around it to get the kids in. I was so excited!!! The house looks alot different but it looks good. We really got alot done but I think she really pooped me out. The kids loved having her here though. So did I. Can't thank her enough.
Well, anyway, she left early this morning and we are all exhausted. Had to be up before the butt crack of dawn to take her to the airport, so I am thankful the kids are finally asleep and I may hit the sack early tonight. Just waiting to see if Joe calls again tonight and dealing with Danny of course. Such a sweet little boy. Man, I have to say that my kids can really annoy me and drive me batty to the point where I have to yell just to get out the frustration, but I love them so much. I love being their mom more than anything. They are my life and light. They give me hope and purpose every day. I can't thank the Lord enough for them.
On another note, we've had hardly any water pressure for the last couple of days thanks to the water main break, but like to announce that we have water again and it is wonderful!!! Finally could do laundry and the dishes and give the kids a bath. It was really annoying because Hyrum ended up not having school on his birthday because there was no water at the school. No one let us know so I went with his cake and the poster they wanted me to make of pictures of him and drove up to the school only to find only two cars in the parking lot. Needless to say, I was pissed!!! Not just for the inconvenience but also because I know how much it meant to Hyrum to get to go that day and I don't know how on earth I am going to get all that stuff into the school by myself with my four kids. With my Mom here it was managable but without her I have no idea what I am going to do, not to mention the cake is taking up half my fridge. Plus, with the storm brewing, I don't know what Monday will bring.
Okay, Danny's crying so I have to stop ranting. Talk to you all later. Love you all.

No comments: