Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

26.2.08

Deployment






Joe left Utah today. Now it's 12 long months until he's home for good again. We tried to take alot of pictures and make it as light as possible for most of the day. We had to go to a big farewell this morning. The govenor spoke. Then half of the guys left in the morning. Joe didn't have to leave until this afternoon, so after all that hoopla, we left and went out to eat with Joe's brother and his wife and son. Then we went and spent a little bit at Joe's parents' house. Then of course back to the airport. We all cried, but Hyrum had the hardest time. He was absolutely distraught which only made me more upset. Now, I'm just so tired. I miss Joe so very much. I love him so much. I am so very proud of him. He's an amazing man and everything that he does for his family and his country is truly extraordinary. God be with him til we are together again. God be with us.

2 comments:

Desi said...

It is sweet to see your pictures of such a hard day. Your family is in our prayers.

Linds said...

Those are great pictures! You are a brave woman!