Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

7.2.08

Leaving


I'm not entirely sure why but today it's really started hitting me that Joe is in fact leaving for a year. I've known about it for so long but it's really starting to hit me as I tell people when to meet us at the airport. Only three more weeks and I won't have the luxury of seeing him every now and then like I do with him down at Camp Williams. I can't quite imagine not seeing my husband for a whole year. I mean, we got the webcam, so I guess technically I can see him, but not being able to be around him and give him a hug and just knowing that he's here for a whole year is so daunting. I miss him already. He's my best friend. It really is such a blessing to be married to my best friend, but I have to admit, at times like this when he's deploying it makes the separation harder. I know that we will be alright. I know that God will be with us. I know that at the end of the year, we will think about how fast it's gone but while I'm going through it, I don't know. Anyway. . . I should stop rambling. I just wanted to say that I know how blessed I am to have this amazing man in my life. I thank the Lord every minute of every day for him and our family. My cup is indeed full.


No comments: