Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

22.3.08

Family Easter Picnic

Well, I guess I should apologize again, this one is even longer than the last one. Sorry I don't use slideshows, but even though I love other people's slideshows, I also hate them because they don't give me any real time to look at pictures and so I do my pages like this so enjoy. Here's Aunt Kerrin and Danny. So cute. Aunt Kerrin came to visit from Rexburg for Easter, so it was a real treat to have her with us.
Porter had a blast with the balls. He wouldn't put the football down and here he is playing soccer with his Aunt Melinda.
Hyrum was playing catch with Uncle Geoff. He didn't quite get the way that the glove was suppose to work. He decided to try and catch it with his mouth.
Emma playing soccer. She proved that she will definitely be my little sport's girl.
Little Baby Reid pretending to be Grandpa Grossman (anyone in the family who knows Grandpa G, will agree). Here he is with his Daddy, Uncle Rod.
Aunt Kerrin helping Porter talk into the modern version of the tin can.
Emma playing on the playground. Isn't she beautiful?
Merny playing on the playground. Oh, he had so much fun. It was just really a great day.
Smiling in the sunshine and so wishing he could join in on the running about. In fact, he proved it!! HE STARTED CRAWLING!!!!!! I am serious. He was on his belly and started moving himself forward. He didn't go far or move very fast, otherwise I would have tried to video it with my camara, but he did move forward about a foot and a half all on his own. He's only 4 months old and he's already on the move. I don't know what I'm going to do. Not like they all don't give me a run for my money already. It's a bit scary, but Mommy is SOOOOO proud of her little Danny boy!!!!
Mommy playing with Porter. We had just crossed the bridge. He wouldn't cross them himself; he had to be carried across any of the bridges. It was cute.
So excited to play. We had a couple of accidents, including falling of the jungle gym but man he had fun.
Aunt Kerrin doing the toting.
Emma goes weeeee!
Man these are yummy fingers.
Emma playing with the phone. She thought this was so cool but she need a little lift up there.
Aunt Jenny and Uncle Jon join in on the fun. What a great looking pair. We sure love them.
Grandma and Grandpa Merkley. We sure love them.
Uncle Geoff and Aunt Morgan are visiting from D.C. We love having them around. Aunt Cindy joined us as well, she's Grandma's sister.
Uncle Rod, Aunt Melinda, and the little Reidster. We love them too.
Mern takes a ride on the zipline. Emma did it too later, but Mom didn't get a picture of that.

All in all this was a great day. When we first got there it was a bit cold. We were up at North Canyon Park in Bountiful. That's up by where the temple is so it's up on the mountain. It sure is a beautiful view. However, as the day went on it got down right warm. It was just beautiful. The kids had so much fun playing for hours on the playground and playing with family. It was great to have a fun filled day. I'm completely exhausted now though, which is the only problem. Partly because we were out in the sun all day long and also because I was up until midnight waiting for Aunt Kerrin to get here. Would have gone to sleep but I don't like just leaving my door unlocked with me alone with the kids and me asleep. Anyway, it sure is nice having her here to visit and give me a little break and today was a blast. It's always so much fun just hanging and playing with family.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Wish we could've been there to play on the playground too.