Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

17.3.08

He Did It!!!!!


It's official. I'm a big boy. I rolled over this evening. Guess I finally learned to use my weight. My mommy is so proud of me. In fact, mommy was so proud, she shouted and clapped and scared me to death. I cried for five minutes. I don't much like loud noises. Mommy felt very bad but she was still so proud of me.

Yes he did it himself. He put on his own shoes for the first time. They are even on the right feet. Mommy was so proud. Mommy got alot of proud moments today. She needed it.




Oh yes, I did need these proud moments today. Today was horrible. My kids were beyond dreadful. They wouldn't stop screaming, crying, and arguing with one another all day long. I was ready to pull all my hair out and run away. Everyone keeps telling me how strong I am and how they don't know how I do it. The fact of the matter is that I don't deserve such praise. Most days I don't do it. I go crazy. Thankfully, I am greatly blessed in that I love my children so much and so I may yell and give them time outs but no matter how much I sometimes want to, I would never really run away from them. Today I feel like I've been driven mad. I'm just so thankful they've gone to bed. Can't gaurantee they are asleep but at least they are in bed and mommy can have some 'get her sanity back' time. Oh please, oh please, let tomorrow be better than today.



I also was able to buy a new double stroller. I love this thing. Now I can go for walks with the kids. Even tried to today but Emma screamed and cried that she wanted to go home. I got to go about a block before I had to give up and go home. I seriously don't know what was wrong with her today. She was the worst.

4 comments:

Pat said...

I know exactly how you feel dear. You were a ball of fire when you were little. Keith was quiet like Porter; William was wild and daring (never knew if he'd live past 3yrs. old) and Kerrin was the whiner. Somehow I managed to make it through all the noise and chaos. Can you imagine trying to keep all four quiet while their father is upstairs trying to sleep after working all night? My heart goes out to you on this one. I wish your Dad and I lived closer so we could take the kids out to the play ground or overnight to give you a much needed break. It will be a little break to have Kerrin there this weekend. Hang in there. I love you bunches. MOM

Pat said...

I like the stroller. Wonder why Emma was such a fuss pot about walking????

Unknown said...

I feel for you! I think I'm going to look 40 when I'm only 30. I hope they have been better for you!

Desi said...

Sorry you had such a rough day! Sometimes the cutest kids can be the most work! Way to go with staying positive!