Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

27.4.08

Blessings

Well, we had the best three days. Joe is gone again now. Back up to Ft. Lewis for an indeterminate amount of time. I wish so much that he could have just stayed here but what do you do. Maybe I am just weird, but I figure there is no point in wallowing too much in something you cannot change. I miss him terribly and can't wait until he is home again but I can't change the situation so I can either focus on the positive things in my life and be a bit happy or wallow in absolute misery which gets me absolutely nowhere but miserable.

Anyway. . . The first day Joe was home, was mommy and daddy day or rather husband and wife. That was the day we got to celebrate our anniversary which is tomorrow (7 Years!!!!). We went out to dinner at Red Lobster and just spent the whole afternoon and evening together talking and walking. It was wonderful.

The second day, Hyrum had his field trip to the zoo and we all went along with him. We were assigned four other kids to look after while we were there, so we had a total of 8 kids. It was actually alot of fun and no more work than keeping our own in line. It was crazy busy there because there were three other school districts there at the same time, four buses from each district, making it twelve buses full of Kindergarteners running around the zoo plus teachers and chaperones. It was a bit crazy and very loud, but a whole lot of fun. Here's Danny and Porter chilling at the zoo. Emma and her new friend Katelyn, a little girl from Hyrum's class. They held hands pretty much the whole time and went everywhere together. It was so cute. Daddy taking Porter around. Joe had to keep picking him up and moving him along because otherwise Porter would just stand and stare at the same thing all day long. He loves the zoo. Here's the five from class at the elephant. Kids in the picture are: Katelyn, Hyrum, Serenity, Marshall, and Brennen. They were such a great little group. Emma and Katelyn on the elephant with Hyrum looking on. Marshall, Serenity, Emma, Katelyn, Hyrum, and Brennen inside the small animal building. I think this was the place everyone had the most fun.Joe having fun with all of us. He was a great help and a great chaperone.The rest of these pictures are just hanging about the house with Joe here. Here's Daddy with Danny. It was great. I was so worried Danny would have a hard time with Joe but there is no denying who's his daddy. It was great seeing him laugh and play with Joe.Emma loves her daddy. She was so thrilled having him here.
Daddy just enjoying some snuggling with his Danny Boy.

I wish so much that he could have stayed but I am so proud of my husband and the work that he does. He is so smart and so brave. I know that the work he does will help to save many lives from either death or life that is almost worse than that. He is a wonderful father and an amazing husband. I am so blessed to have him in my life. I cannot thank the Lord enough for him. I will miss him desperately over the next year, but I am so very proud of him.

No comments: