Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

28.4.08

7 Years!!!

Happy Anniversary to me and Joe!!! We made it to seven years without any itching. This year though we are celebrating it apart from one another. Joe is back in Washington for now and I am here in Utah. We did get to celebrate a bit while he was home though so I really don't have much to complain about. At least I got some time.
Anyway. . . Here we are 7 years ago to the day. It was a wonderful magical day. For those of my friends who don't know, we were married 28 April 2001 at 10:30 a.m. in the Manti, UT temple. For April it ended up being a beautiful day, and in Utah that is saying alot. I was so happy that day. And now, after 7 years, I am even happier. That day I thought I could never love Joe more, and now with each passing moment my love for him only grows deeper. He is an amazing husband. So strong, so smart, so wonderful. He sacrifices so much for me and our family. He is so good at making sure I always know how much he loves me. He is my best friend. I love that we can talk about anything and everything. I love that the Lord blessed me to fall in love with my best friend. He is my world. Lord bless him while we are apart.
Joe is also an amazing father. I was told that it would be difficult for me to conceive and instead, we were blessed with Hyrum nine months after we were married. They've been coming about every two years since. So 4 in 7 years. Joe's never flinched. He's always taken such good care of his family regardless of the sacrifices. He is a wonderful father. His babies love him very much. I love to watch them with their daddy. It's such a beautiful site to see your babies looking up at their daddy with such love and admiration. We are all so proud.
This isn't the best picture of me, but it's the most recent that I have. I am so proud of my husband. We serve our country together. I hate this war and I hate that he has to be gone, but I am also so proud of him and the ideals that he holds. We both believe that one must be doing something to change this screwed up world we live in. If people with belief in the potential of this world and country aren't willing to stand up, this world will only continue to spiral completely out of control. We may be like the little Dutch boy with his finger in the dam, but I figure at least we will be fighting to make the world a better place, and that's gotta count for something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Desi said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Can you believe it's been 7 years already! Time really flies when you're in love!