Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

1.5.08

Happy Birthday Joe

Well today my sweetheart joins me on the fast moving train to 30; he is 29 today. I had the privilege a month ago. I hate that we have to be apart because this day is mighty special for me. It's the day that the greatest man in all the world was born. I love Joe so much. I miss him terribly. I hope and pray that he does something fun for himself for his birthday. I'll send birthday wishes from home, and pray that the time will fly until we can be together again.

Joe was born the 1 May 1979 in Vernal, UT to Reid and Sheryl Merkley. He is the oldest of their four children. He was named Joseph Royal Merkley. He has three younger siblings: Rodney, Jennifer, and Naomi; and one great step brother Geoff. Joe lived his very young life in Vernal and then moved to Logan, UT while his dad finished school and then to North Salt Lake where he grew up. His mother passed away when he was only 12 and then the family was blessed with a wonderful StepMother about a year later. Joe is a magnificent brother and a wonderful son and an extraordinary husband and father.

Joe and I met at BYU. When we first met, we didn't much like one another. Joe began dating my best friend. I was endowed and used to get a group together weekly to go to the temple. Joe was the only one who always went with me and over the time of being temple buddies, we became very good friends. My girlfriend broke up with him at Thanksgiving, and by Christmas I liked Joe quite alot. I went home to Illinois for the three week break, all the time emailing each other like twenty times a day. Four days after coming back to Utah, Joe asked me to marry him. I thought he was joking at first, and was like "are you serious?" He assured me that he was and I of course said yes. We were married the 28 April 2001 in the Manti, UT temple. It was the most wonderful day. I thought no other could be better and then I woke up the next morning next to the most amazing man in all the world, and every day since, I still can't believe how blessed I am to have this wonderful man in my life.

Joe joined the Utah Army National Guard when we were only 6 months married. He's been working or training with them full time ever since. He is currently deployed and will be gone from our little family until end of February or beginning of March 2009. We miss him desperately. The children love their daddy so very much and I love and miss my sweetheart more than words can begin to express. God be with him until we are again together. And may he have a very Happy Birthday.

No comments: