Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

17.5.08

Musical Beds

Okay, so I go in last night to check on the kids before heading off to bed like I do every night. This is what I found. . .Now for those unawares, the natural order of things is Porter in the race car toddler bed and Emma on the Dora twin (bottom bunk). However, as one can see Emma is in Porter's bed (which never happens, so it was pretty funny for me) and of course Porter is passed out on the floor. After I took the pictures for memory sake, I put Porter on Emma's bed; I figured this would be the easiest and best solution to the situation. Of course, in the middle of the night, Porter fell out of the twin bed and was screaming crying. I put him back, only to have Emma wake up shortly after to get a drink and go to the bathroom. So we played musical beds again, and I put Porter back in his own (which actually helped me to get back to sleep because I was so afraid he was going to fall out of the bigger bed again), and Emma went back where she belonged. All in all, it gave mom a good laugh last night.

In other news, the wedding plans for my sister's upcoming wedding are moving along quite well. My camera for taking the pictures is on its way and should be here by Tuesday or so. She found her dress at a shop in Salt Lake City called Latterday Bride. They are going to custom make it to her measurements, so it was ordered and everything. Should be here in about four weeks, so she is pretty excited. It's a really cute, summery dress, and as soon as I take her bridals, I'll post some pictures.

Other stuff. . . We are all doing pretty okazay. We all miss Joe something terrible, and I am still having trouble sleeping-this would be a consequence of missing Joe and also my children.

Dan is still teething. Cut one tooth and now he's cutting another so his nights have been a bit restless. He's sitting up really well now, and getting closer at the crawling. He can crawl, but only backwards, which infuriates him, which is hilarious for everyone else. He's now getting up on all fours and then pushing his butt high in the air trying to stand. His eyes are still blue, which is really giving mom hope that she may at last have a blue eyed kid. He's such a happy baby too. His laugh just lights up a room. As does all the kids, but there is always something about a baby's laugh. Man, they grow up fast.

Porter is getting so tall, I can't keep him in pants. He's also extremely skinny, so even if pants fit him around the waist, they are shorts on him. He's talking more and more, well, at least around his family. He's silent as the grave in nursery which prompted his nursery teachers to ask if he ever talks. The answer is simple, he talks ALL the time, but only around family and very close friends. He's so cute and cautious. I love his little personality.

Emma is pretty whinny and always yelling at me, which can get very tedious and make me want to yank all my hair out most of the time, but she's also so sweet. She misses her father something fierce. She loves the nice weather, as does Porter and Hyrum, because they can spend most of the time outside playing, which really makes everyone so much happier. She loves to wear dresses all the time now, no matter what she is doing, which causes her to be quite indecent sometimes, which makes me so mad, so she's not allowed to play outside without pants on anymore. She's really such a girl in so many ways.

This next week is pretty much Hyrum's very last week of Kindergarten. He has his little graduation on Thursday at 1:00 p.m. so if you want to come you can. Most everyone in the family, either lives too far away or is working that day, so it will most likely just be myself and the kids. I will be filming it for Joe and I will of course post pictures. I am so proud of my big boy. He still reads all the time, and although they all go to bed about the same time, Mern sits in his bed and reads until about 10 at night and then goes to sleep. He's so much like his mom was when I was a little kid.

So all in all, life is life. Moving pretty fast, but that doesn't stop us all from missing Joe and wishing that time could move even faster. I am trying to see the positive all around me because quite frankly most days I feel like I am on a fast moving train to Crazy, and the emergency brake is broken. It's nice having my sister here though, mainly because adult conversation really does make a difference. God speed.

1 comment:

Linds said...

That is hilarious! Great pictures!