Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

12.5.08

An Engagement

Okay, well, even though my sister claims it's not official official, since he hasn't gotten down on one knee and given her a ring, it really is official. My sister is getting married!!!! They've already called my dad and gotten permission and called the temple and set appointments, so it's official even though she doesn't have the ring on her finger yet. She took forever to pick the one she wanted and so that's the only hold up with a ring. They are going to be sealed in the Nauvoo Temple on the 13th of August 2008. So, I've gone from sister to Matron of Honor/wedding planner rather quickly. Well, I'm still sister too but you get my drift. This was already going to be a pretty busy summer but now it's become a crazy ride, which is actually a good thing, because it means my summer will go quickly and the faster the time flies while Joe is gone the better. I miss him something horrible and I hate it but that's life right. I'm really trying to stay upbeat and not complain too much because I know it doesn't get me anywhere, but ever since he got overseas, I've been missing him something terrible. I already don't get a lot of sleep thanks to my kids, but it's even worse when you can't sleep because you miss your husband so bad. I've been getting migraines this week too which only makes things more lovely. Thankfully, my sister is here and she has been the biggest help. I am so thankful that the Lord inspired me to invite her to stay with me, as I am sure she and Travis are as well (that's her fiancee by the way--his name is Travis Taylor). I really am so happy for the both of them. They are so cute together. Both the babies in their respective families so this is a big deal for both sides. Well, maybe it's old hat for his, afterall he's the 9th child in his but in our family it's most definitely a big deal!!! Anyway, I just wanted to take the time to document this special occasion and to say congratulations to my baby sis. I love you both.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Tell your sister congratulations for me--I remember when she came to Cali--she seemed so young then--I guess she is still young--I'm just getting old. Anyway congrats.