Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

11.4.08

My Little Garden



























This is my little garden. Emma and Aunt Kerrin helped me to plant. It was a lot of fun, and I am just hoping and praying that it will grow very well. I am so hoping to get some great veggies and some pretty flowers.
The flowers are Emmy's and the veggies are mommy's. I planted lettuce, red onions, spinach, and carrots. Emma's flowers are pretty colors, that's all that matters to her. She thinks they are rosies as she says but all that matters is that they are pretty. I am so excited and so anxious. I've never been much with the green thumb and I am so hoping that I can develop one. I don't have the greatest plot and the lovely water meter and everything makes it so beautiful but it's all I have and I figure, you've gotta learn to work with what you are given.










This was the fun part of the day. Danny got his own little jungle gym. He loves it. The only annoying thing is that the other three kids also love it and it ends in anger and tears as Emma gets mad at Porter for touching it and takes it away and yells at him and he starts crying. It's so wonderful.


The other fun stuff for the day. Apparently Hyrum told Aunt Kerrin he was going to marry Emma. Kerrin told him that he couldn't marry his sister and he said "no another girl named Emma." Kerrin asked him who she should marry and he frankly looked at her and said "you have to find that out for yourself." Out of the mouth of babes. That is one very smart six year old.

1 comment:

Pat said...

The garden looks lovely. I will send some pics of my garden to you so you can show Emma. Glad the checkups went well for all of them. Lots of love.