Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

18.4.08

Porter and Emma's Well Child Exams

Well, I would have posted this yesterday but blogger was being totally stupid and wouldn't let me upload any photos. I'm glad that it's finally working a little bit. Porter and Emma went to the doctor yesterday for their checkups and I figured I had better get an update out there. They are both doing great. Porter weighs 28.6 lbs. which puts him in the 40%. He is 37 1/2 inches tall, which is the 80%, and his head circumference is 50.2 cm which is the 90% (that's the funniest one for me because out of all my kids he's always had the smallest head.) He was so good at the doctors and didn't need any shots so that just made his little day.
Emma was also very good at the doctor. She, unfortunately, had to get four shots yesterday which made her absolutely miserable. She also had to get the chicken pox vaccine which makes her contagious to Danny for the next week or so, so I'm praying very very hard that he won't contract the chicken pox, but I guess it won't be the end of the world if he did. At least he's young and not a teenager like I was. I still wouldn't want to deal with it, but it wouldn't be a complete and total tragedy if it did. Emma weighed in at 36 lbs. which puts her in the 50% and then she's 41.25 inches tall which apparently puts her in the 75%. I've always though she was small, but I guess as I thought about it, most of the little girls in her Sunbeams class are smaller than her, height wise at least. I've just always had the boys and it is different for boys and girls. She's doing much better today from the shots. Alot less crabby.

Well that's about it. Today we are enjoying our beautiful weather and I am praying desperately that it will keep up for tomorrow. Tomorrow we are meeting some friends at the zoo and are going to have a fun day there, so I'm really hoping for great weather. I will post stuff from our fun day tomorrow.

No comments: